About Me

My photo
I'm married 40 years, and have 3 grown sons, all of whom live in other states. I miss them all terribly. I've been crocheting and knitting for about 38 years now. Nothing fancy, just baby stuff, afghans, and dishcloths. I'm hoping to learn some new techniques, especially felting, using circular needles, and maybe knitting socks. I became a grandma for the first time, and so far only time, 3 1/2 years ago. My granddaughter's name is Lucy and is absolutely adorable! Due to living so very far apart, and a one month hospital stay in 2011, we've only seen her once. I hate living so far apart!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's About Time!!

Trying to organize my relatively small stash, patterns and tools has really been "fun!" Well, going shopping for the storage containers was fun. So far I have most of my books and leaflets organized. I've also got my mini-projects, both finished and unfinished put in their own bin. Tomorrow I hope to go through my dilapidated plastic bin of yarn and actually toss some it away, and put what's left in a new bin that actually has a lid! Now before you have heart failure at the thought of me throwing yarn away, let me explain. I have at least one, and maybe more, partial skeins that date back as far as 1985!!! I think it's probably close to dry-rot stage and really needs to go. I made the mistake of using some of this "antique" yarn in my "9 Year Granny Square Afghan" and when I washed it a couple of the squares started to disintegrate. I dread having to take it partially apart and replace those squares. But I consider it a lesson learned. Frugality isn't always the best way.
I also bought some plastic sheet protectors, a nice soft side binder, and a pack of dividers to organize all the fantastic patterns I've printed off the 'net. I underestimated how many I'd printed and now I need to get another binder. Staples, here I come tomorrow! LOL But seriously folks, it's great to be getting organized.......finally!

I also need to clarify something I posted previously. When I referred to "yarn snobs", I was referring to those who, look down their noses at those of us who, for whatever reason, are relegated to using good ol' Red Heart and whatever we can find at Walmart or K-Mart. I didn't mean to call anyone and everyone who is able to use the finer yarns a "yarn snob." If I offended anyone, I'm truly sorry.

No comments: