About Me

My photo
I'm married 40 years, and have 3 grown sons, all of whom live in other states. I miss them all terribly. I've been crocheting and knitting for about 38 years now. Nothing fancy, just baby stuff, afghans, and dishcloths. I'm hoping to learn some new techniques, especially felting, using circular needles, and maybe knitting socks. I became a grandma for the first time, and so far only time, 3 1/2 years ago. My granddaughter's name is Lucy and is absolutely adorable! Due to living so very far apart, and a one month hospital stay in 2011, we've only seen her once. I hate living so far apart!

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Has it really been this long?

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted anything. To be completely honest I forgot I even had a blog until going through my bookmarks a few days ago.

I've gotten away from crocheting for some time now and I'm throwing myself back into it, full force. I'm waiting for some instruction books and a kit from Mary Maxim right now as well as some books off ebay.

I have a new Grand-nephew on the way and am working on a colorful blanket for him. I've gotten a late start, but better late than never, right? This is what I have done so far....

This is good ol' Red Heart yarn, Bikini color. I don't know about you, but I LOVE really bright colors for babies. I'll post photos as I go along so you can see the progress.

1 comment:

Margie said...

ooo gorgeous, I love it! I've been debating getting some Bikini colorway for a Guideposts sweater, but didn't know if it was bright enough--the lighting at my local Wal-Mart grays all the colors down so even Banana Berry doesn't look yummy. This pic has decided me!