About Me

My photo
I'm married 40 years, and have 3 grown sons, all of whom live in other states. I miss them all terribly. I've been crocheting and knitting for about 38 years now. Nothing fancy, just baby stuff, afghans, and dishcloths. I'm hoping to learn some new techniques, especially felting, using circular needles, and maybe knitting socks. I became a grandma for the first time, and so far only time, 3 1/2 years ago. My granddaughter's name is Lucy and is absolutely adorable! Due to living so very far apart, and a one month hospital stay in 2011, we've only seen her once. I hate living so far apart!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Something for Little Emily Rose

My friend, or more correctly, my "almost" daughter gave birth 2 weeks ago prematurely to a beautiful little girl who weighed 2 lb 8 oz. Her name is Emily Rose. Emily's mother just loves sock monkeys. So I looked around to find a sock monkey hat to make to make for Emily Rose. I saw many nice ones, but I settled on by Ruth McColm, and the name of the pattern is: Sock Monkey Beanie with Optional Earflaps and it can be found on Ravelry. 
It was easy to make and I think it turned out rather well. I made a couple of adjustments. I didn't use buttons for the eyes, instead I stitched with black yarn. For the ties I didn't make braids or twists, instead I crocheted chains with double thickness of yarn. 

I'm planning on making a pair of socks and a bib to match. I haven't decided on patterns yet. I'll decide on those tonight. As of right now I think for the socks I'll use the "Newborn Tubes Socks" pattern on the website, Bev's Country Cottage.  I've made them before over the years. They're easy and they work up fast. I can't wait to get them all finished and sent off for Little Miss Emily Rose.

1 comment:

A warm hug said...

Hi there I just found you on Rav. Love the hat and the blog :)