About Me

My photo
I'm married 40 years, and have 3 grown sons, all of whom live in other states. I miss them all terribly. I've been crocheting and knitting for about 38 years now. Nothing fancy, just baby stuff, afghans, and dishcloths. I'm hoping to learn some new techniques, especially felting, using circular needles, and maybe knitting socks. I became a grandma for the first time, and so far only time, 3 1/2 years ago. My granddaughter's name is Lucy and is absolutely adorable! Due to living so very far apart, and a one month hospital stay in 2011, we've only seen her once. I hate living so far apart!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Oh my, I certainly have been remiss in keeping up with this blog. The only excuse I have is part health issues and part simple procrastination. In April of 2008 I had heart surgery to replace a valve. Due to some post-surgical side-effects my left hand was partially numb for a few weeks. That made crocheting nearly impossible for a while. It finally cleared up and I did get a few projects done. I had completed a few prior to surgery which I didn't post until now, although I did post them on Ravelry. I will post them here, but can't promise I'll actually get them in the right order.
Another reason for my procrastination was my intense interest in the Presidential election last year. I haven't been so interested in an election since I was in 7th grade and John F. Kennedy was running against Richard Nixon. I won't get into the politics of it here since this is a blog about my knitting and crochet projects and not about politics.
I've also been very involved in researching family history, both my own and my husband's, and when I get on a roll with it, it takes all my time.
Enough with the excuses.....let's get to what's happening now.

I'm going to be a GRANDMA!!

My son and daughter-in-law in Philadelphia are expecting in mid-September. According to the ultrasounds so far, the baby is a GIRL!! After having 3 sons, it's going to be so much fun making things for a little girl! I've got so many things in mind already. She is going to be one spoiled little girl!!

We went back to Michigan for a week in May/June. It was so good seeing the family. It had been 3 years since we'd seen everyone. Hopefully, we'll be going home to Michigan at least once a year from now on. While back home I was able to get to a few stores and stocked up on yarn. Most of what I bought is intended for projects for my new granddaughter. I also picked up a simple hat pattern, a pair of circular needles, and yarn to learn to knit on circular needles. You'd think after knitting for over 35 years I'd have learned to use circular needles long ago.

Within the next few days I hope to post pictures of projects I've completed since my last posting.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting this sleepy's blog. I've learn a lot in your post. I hope you can share more about sleepy's. Keep on sharing! Are you still craving for Sleepys Store? Surf here.